What information do we collect from users and how is it used?
The following describes the types of personal and other information we may collect about you, and how we use and maintain that information:
Registration. Before you can utilize the services that we offer on the Site or otherwise, we may ask that you register with BEELINE and provide us with your email address, a password, your first and last name and other contact information and personal details. We request this information for identification purposes, to communicate with you regarding your account, and to facilitate the functioning of certain services. We may keep this information indefinitely.
Correspondence. If you correspond with us via email, we may gather in a file specific to you the information that you submit. We may keep this information indefinitely.
URL and IP addresses. Like many other websites, BEELINE collects information about users' utilization and navigation of our Site. This information helps us to design our Site to better suit our users’ needs. For example, our Site will track the URL that you visited before you came to our Site, the URL to which you next go and your Internet Protocol (IP) address. We use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server and to administer our Site. Your IP address also is used to help identify you and to gather broad demographic information.
To whom does BEELINE disclose information about you that we collect?
BEELINE will not share, rent, sell or otherwise disclose any of the personally identifiable information that we collect about you, except when we have your permission or in any of the following situations:
- We may disclose your name, phone number, e-mail and zip code to the Venue you have selected, along with any notes that you intend for the Venue, in order to book your desired Experience. We may also provide Venue with the results of feedback surveys that you complete, although we will not disclose any information that could be used to personally identify you.
- We may disclose information that we collect about you to our third-party contractors who perform services for BEELINE in order to provide certain services or to complete or confirm a transaction that you conduct with us.
- We may disclose the results of aggregated data about you for marketing or promotional purposes (for instance, that a certain percentage of our Site’s users are living in the United States). In these situations, we do not disclose to these entities any information that could be used to personally identify you. Certain information, such as your password, is not disclosed to marketing advertisers at all, even in aggregate form.
- BEELINE may disclose information about you as part of a merger, acquisition or other sale or transfer of its assets or business. BEELINE does not guarantee that any entity receiving such information in connection with one of these transactions will comply with all terms of this policy.
- Moreover, we may be legally obligated to disclose information about you to the government or to third parties under certain circumstances, such as in connection with illegal activity on our Site or to respond to a subpoena, court order or other legal process. BEELINE reserves the right to release information that we collect to law enforcement or other government officials, as we, in our sole and absolute discretion, deem necessary or appropriate.
If you visit our Site from a mobile device, we may collect information about your location and your mobile device, including a unique identifier for your device. Most mobile devices allow you to turn off location services. For more information about how to do this, please contact your mobile service carrier or your device manufacturer.
At this time, we do not support “Do Not Track” options that may be available in your browser to express your preferences regarding the collection of certain kinds of information. Specifically, if you turn on the Do Not Track setting on your browser, the Site may not be capable of complying with your Do Not Track preferences. For more information about Do Not Track, visit donottrack.us. If you use our Site or services outside of the United States, information that we collect about you will be transferred to servers inside the United States and maintained indefinitely, which may involve the transfer of information out of countries located in the European Economic Area. By allowing BEELINE to collect information about you, you consent to such transfer and processing of your data.
What security measures does the Site employ?
To help protect the privacy of data you transmit through this Site, where personally identifiable information is requested, BEELINE uses technology designed to encrypt the information that you input before it is sent to us. In addition, BEELINE takes steps to protect the user data we collect against unauthorized access. However, you should keep in mind that this Site and our services are run on software, hardware and networks, any component of which may, from time to time, require maintenance or experience problems or breaches of security beyond our control.
How can you correct or update information that we collect about you?
You may correct or update information collected about you by managing your account profile or by contacting BEELINE at the email or mailing address noted below. We will use reasonable efforts to update our records. For our records, we may retain original and updated information for reasons such as technical constraints, dispute resolution, troubleshooting and agreement enforcement.
What are the policies of linked Sites and other third parties?
What is our policy on children users of our Site?
We do not knowingly collect or maintain personally identifiable information from persons under 13 years old, and no part of our Site is directed to persons under 13. IF YOU ARE UNDER 13 YEARS OF AGE, PLEASE DO NOT USE OR ACCESS OUR SITE AT ANY TIME OR IN ANY MANNER. If BEELINE learns that personally identifiable information of persons less than 13 years old has been collected without verifiable parental consent, then BEELINE will take the appropriate steps to delete this information. If you are a parent or guardian and discover that your child under the age of 13 has obtained a BEELINE account, then you may alert BEELINE at the address below and request that we delete that child’s personal information from our systems.
What are my California Privacy Rights?
Pursuant to Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, residents of California have the right to request from a business, with whom the California resident has an established business relationship, certain information with respect to the types of personal information the business shares with third parties for direct marketing purposes by such third party and the identities of the third parties with whom the business has shared such information during the immediately preceding calendar year. Under California law, if you are a California resident with an established business relationship with BEELINE, you may choose to opt out of BEELINE disclosing personal information about you to third parties for marketing purposes, by contacting BEELINE at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Will my employer have access to information that we collect about you?
If you access our Site as a representative of a third party, such as your employer, that party may review and modify your personal information, ask us to delete your personal information, or request that we cease collecting your personal information. If such a third party asks us to delete your personal information or cease collecting your personal information, we may terminate your right to access our Site.
What law governs my use of the Site and BEELINE’s services?
How to contact us?
Last Updated: August 15, 2014